What are VETs HOST Days, AWAY Days, District Competitions all about?
Nambour VETs conduct regular competitions each Friday, however when you join VETs at NGC, you also become a member of the Sunshine Coast District Veteran Golfers Association (SCDVGA). Once a year, these 11 VETs clubs in our association invite each other to play a special game at their home course (at highly discounted rates).
A “sign-up” sheet for these invitational games is posted on the VETs notice board just inside the main entrance of the NGC clubhouse.
- These are usually held on Mondays at Nambour Golf Club (not Friday)
- We occasionally invite 2 clubs at a time to join us in making a field of about 80.
- SHOTGUN START at 8am (except when Tin Can Bay visit-8:30) – please arrive at least 20mins before hit off
- Stableford competition with Division 1 and Division 2
- Cost is $15 – with a light morning tea provided before hit off
- A raffle is conducted and lunches can be ordered before the game.
- Players meet in the clubhouse after the game for drinks, meals and presentation of prizes.
- Day and format depends on the club we are visiting – sometimes shotgun start, sometimes integrated into their VETs field.
- Need to arrive at least 30 minutes before hitoff time.
- Stableford competition with Divisions decided by the host club
- Cost is between $14 and $15 per club, but some clubs have compulsory cart hire and meal built in at discount prices e.g. $50 for game, meal and cart.
- A light morning tea is provided before hitoff
- SCDVGA conducts annual whole of district competitions, however there are eligibility rules for entry based on participation in the HOST and AWAY games. The minimum is participation in at least 2 Host/Away games (check rules on flyers)
- All eligible VETs can play in the District Championships (4 divisions)
- Other District competitions such as the Team Challenge, Team Ambrose etc have restricted numbers with VETs Captains responsible for selecting teams from those eligible in their club.
Finally, membership of the SCDVGA also provides membership of the Queensland Veteran Golfers Union (QVGU), so you also have access to State and National Competitions. See their website (http://www.qvgu.com.au/ ) for details.